My Pros and Cons
- Pros: I could experiment a lot and know my hair and my taste in hairstyles better before my hair were actually long again, I even learnt to cut my own hair and sew clip in extensions from bundles.
- Cons: sometimes it felt or looked fake but I didn't want to take them off beacuse I didn't want to live the trauma again: they spared me a lot of tears and gave me a lot of fun
This is my first hairstyle with my favorite type of hair extensions: clip ins.
Use my links to buy the same clip in or tape in hair extensions I used
I was wearing these extensions in all these pictures. Keep reading for hairstyles, beauty hacks and everything you need.
- Pros: you don't have to comb your hair, it's easy to wash (but very heavy at first), it lasts more, you can do it on very short hair too
- Cons: a hair stylist should do it for you, so it costs a lot for an typical teenager (for me it was €150), it could take up to 12 hours based on my experience, they may fall out sometimes (especially with short hair)
Clip ins are my favorite type of hair extensions.
- Pros: the best choice for the freedom it brings with it (you can remove them whenever you want, create different hairstyles which are perfect for your hair, you can even sew them yourself, I did, more than once, and I became good at it), affordable and good quality
- Cons: they only have one flaw, you have to experiment yourself for a while to understand what works best for you, but it's a good way to know your hair better, if you are here, you probably need that
- Hair care: do not sleep in them, clips are harsh on your head at night. I did it, it's not worth it, but it didn't even destroy my hair.
- Pros: the best loose hair semi-permanent hair extensions as an alternative to box braids in my opinion, it is affordable, you can install them yourself and you don't have to take them off, you can
- Cons: they keep falling out when you wash them, it's harder to blend the tickness and texture, even if you buy more packages, you still have more volume where there are your hair
Sew ins You can sew them on small dutch braids in the back of your hair, the help of a hair stylist is needed. I didn't try them because keeping braids for a long time make my hair too frizzy, and it's not something you can undo after just 1 week after all the money and time it took to do it.
Warning About keratin bonds and glue (not tape) hair extensions, chemical treatments, hair dyes... well... if you don't want to risk cutting all your hair too, remember that chemical damage is real and harsh. Please, make your choices wisely if you like long hair. Heat damage (split ends) is NOT like chemical damage. If you like short hair and you don't care: go for it.
Best way to blend My best choice is still clip in hair extensions: in this last picture you can see how they perfectly blend in my favorite hairstyle. It is also an affordable solution: I did that with just 1 package of hair, while you should buy 2-3 for a full head.